Load Metadata from a DB2 Database
Use the DB2 Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect for a specified DB2 database.
Review Loader Requirements
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
The DB2 ODBC driver must be installed. See DB2 downloads and Installation information.
DSN for DB2 must be added.
To add a DSN by using ODBC Administrator:
- From the Control Panel, access Administrative Tools. Select either:
- ODBC Data Sources (64-bit)
- ODBC Data Sources (32-bit)
- Select the System DSN, then select Add.
- Select IBM® DB2 ODBC DRIVER from the list, then select Finish.
- Type the data source name, and then select Add.
- On the Data Source tab:
- Input the User ID and Password.
- On the Advanced Settings tab, add next parameters:
- Hostname of the machine where DB2 is running.
- Port number on which DB2 is listening.
- Protocol that is used.
- Database that you want to connect to.
- Select OK to close the ODBC Data Source Administrator.
- Open the newly created DB2 DSN and select Connect to test connection.
Open the Loader
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Select Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > DB2 Loader > DB2 Loader.
Run the App
Select Run as Analytic App .
In the DB2 server tab:
- Type the DB2 connection information, including DSN, server, database, and credentials.
- Optionally, in Schemas to load, specify a comma-separated list of schemas. Leave blank to load all available schemas.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.
Before running the app, select and save the app configuration to the following directory:
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Select Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
View the Metadata
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, select Data Sources > Databases.
- Select a folder to view its contents.