DCM - Server
Data Connection Manager (DCM) is the unified secure vault to store Credentials, Data Sources, and Connections. Use DCM to improve security by moving your credentials outside the workflow and synchronizing them across the Alteryx product suite.
With DCM you can manage data sources, credentials and connections:
- Data source objects represent databases, cloud services and more,
- credential objects represent username and password combinations, oauth tokens,
- connection objects join data sources to credentials and are used by one or many Tools in your Workflows.
Go to the DCM help page for Designer for more info.
Data Connection Manager Configuration
As an administrator, configure the DCM settings on the component on the DCM screens in System Settings.
Enable DCM for your Organization
Check Enable DCM for your Organization to enable the Data Connection Manager for your organization. This allows users to use the Credential Manager within Designer under File > Manage Credentials. See the DCM help page for more info.
Note, if Enable DCM for your Organization is unchecked, users can override under Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > DCM to gain access to the Credential Manager. If you want to prevent this, uncheck Allow Override by User.
Default DCM Option
Select an option for default credential handling and storage.
- Enabled: Users can choose to store passwords in DCM rather than in the workflow.
- Default: DCM is enabled by default, to store passwords in DCM.
- Only: Users can't enter passwords into the workflow. Users can only choose from passwords stored in DCM.
SDK (Gallery) Tools Support
- Deny: SDK Tools are not supported, the Allow Credential for SDK (Server) tools checkbox is not surfaced in the credential UI.
- Allow: SDK tools support, the Allow Credential for SDK (Server) tools checkbox is surfaced in the UI with manual selection of each credential.
- Allow All: SDK tools support, the Allow Credential for SDK (Server) tools checkbox is surfaced in the UI and is prechecked for all credentials.
Allow Override by User
Check Allow Override by User to allow users to override these organization-level settings. When checked, users can override any of the above settings under Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > DCM. Uncheck Allow Override by User to enforce organization-level settings for all users.