Load Metadata from an EXASOL Database
Use the EXASOL Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect for a specified EXASOL database.
Review Loader Requirements
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
The EXASOL user account requires elevated permissions to access system tables. For more information, see the EXASOL documentation.
The EXASOL ODBC driver must be installed. See EXASOL downloads.
Open the Loader
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Select Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > EXASOL Loader > EXASOL Loader.
Run the App
- Select Run as Analytic App .
In the EXASOL server tab:
- Type the EXASOL connection information, including server, port, database, and credentials.
- In Schemas to load, optionally specify a comma-separated list of schemas. Leave blank to load all schemas.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.
Before running the app, select and save the app configuration to the following directory:
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Select Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
View the Metadata
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, select Data Sources > Databases.
- Select a folder to view its contents.