Join In-DB Tool
Use Join In-DB to combine 2 In-DB data streams based on common fields via an outer or inner join. Use this tool to blend 2 database tables.
In-Database enables blending and analysis against large sets of data without moving the data out of a database and can provide significant performance improvements over traditional analysis methods. For more about the In-Database tool category, visit In-Database Overview.
Configure the Tool
- Each Input has a dropdown list of its fields. Select the Join Fields for each input using the Left and Right dropdowns. Designer automatically selects a join field from an input if the same field name is already selected from a different input.
- If multiple join fields are desired, an additional row of join fields can be configured. Select the dropdown to choose additional join field per input.
- To delete a join field, select on the number on the left-hand side and select the delete button on the right. The Join tool restricts what field types can be joined together. Mismatching data types can result in error messages.
- Select the Join Type:
|Inner Join||Contains only the records from the Left input that joined to records in the Right input.|
|Left Outer Join||Contains all records from the Left input including the records that joined with the Right input.|
|Right Outer Join||Contains all records from the Right input including the records that joined with the Left input.|
|Full Outer Join||Contains all records from both the Left and Right inputs.|
Possible Error Messages
- String fields can only be joined to other string fields.
- Numeric fields can only be joined to other numeric fields.
- Boolean fields can only be joined to other boolean fields.
- DateTime field types can only be joined to their exact type.
- Spatial fields cannot be joined; use the Spatial Match tool instead.
- Blob fields cannot be joined to any other type.
- Warning: Joins on Double or Float are not recommended due to rounding error.