The search bar in Designer searches Designer tools, Connect assets, Help content, and Community posts. Use the Ctrl+Shift+F keyboard shortcut to move your cursor to Search.
Search returns the top 5 results from these categories:
- Drag and drop tools and macros from search results onto the canvas.
- Select Example to open the tool's One-Tool Example, if available.
- Select the Show More link to display all results on the Tool Palette.
- Select Go to My Company's Server, if available, to view Server results in a web browser. Results can include tools and workflows that you can download.
- Drag and drop Connect assets from results onto the canvas.
- Select the canvas to open the Data Source Credentials window.
- Enter the User Name and Password, and then select OK.
If you haven't entered your Connect credentials into Designer, results are not available. Go to Use Connect Assets for additional information.
- Select a result to view the Help page in a browser.
- Select View more Help results to open Designer Help in a browser.
- Select a result to view the Community post in a browser.
- Select View more Community results to open Alteryx Community in a browser.
- Select Ask the Community a question to post a message in the Alteryx Community.
If you aren't connected to the internet, Community results aren't available.