Text Box Tool
One Tool Example
Text Box has a One Tool Example. Visit Sample Workflows to learn how to access this and many other examples directly in Alteryx Designer.
Use Text Box to display a free-form text box in an app or macro. The user-entered value is passed to downstream tools.
Configure the Tool
- Enter the text or question to be displayed: Instructional text displayed to the end-user.
- Default Text: (Optional) Enter the text displayed in the text box that the end-user can replace. If left blank, the end-user sees an empty text box to populate.
- Mask Text (for passwords): (Optional) Select so the end-user will see an * for every character they enter into the text box.
- Multiline: (Optional) Select to allow end-users to enter multiple lines of text. The displayed text box is larger.
- Hide control (for API development): (Optional) Select to hide the text box from the end-user, but allow the developer to inject values into the app execution via the API.