On the Environment screens in System Settings, select the Server Setup Type and the Global Workspace to use as a root location for file storage.
On the Setup Type screen, select the components of the Server architecture to enable on the machine. You can enable the complete Server architecture on a single machine. If you want to have a multi-machine, scaled Server deployment, you can enable specific components per machine.
- Designer Only: Enables only Designer on the machine. Scheduler and Server functionality aren't enabled or configurable.
- Designer and Scheduler Only: Enables Designer and Scheduler on the machine. Server functionality isn't enabled. Select this option if you want users on the machine to build and run workflows and schedule workflows to run in the future.
- Complete Alteryx Server: Enables the entire Server architecture to run on the machine. This includes Designer, Scheduler, and Server UI. Select this option if you want to run a single-machine environment and want the complete Server functionality.
- Custom: Allows you to enable specific components for the machine. Select this option for multi-machine deployments of Server.
- Enable Controller: Enables a controller on the machine. The controller manages and distributes scheduled workflow jobs to workers.
- Enable Worker: Enables a worker on the machine. Workers execute scheduled workflow jobs assigned by the controller.
- Enable Gallery: Enables Server on the machine. If you enable Gallery, you have to specify a Default Gallery Administrator on the Gallery > General screen.
- Send Server usage data: When enabled, Alteryx collects usage data for each job run, including manual and scheduled runs. Alteryx uses this information to plan future enhancements and prioritize fixes and features. To opt-out of sending your usage data to Alteryx uncheck this option. Unchecking this option doesn't prevent your IT department from collecting usage data. The usage data collected includes the following:
- Version of Server running the job.
- Serial number of the Server installation.
- Job schedule.
- Job ID.
- Date and time the job was run.
- Errors, warnings, conversion errors, messages.
On the Global Workspace screen, select a root location where Server files are stored. The root path is used as the base location for storage of temporary files, log files, and database files. This path should point to a location that is safe to store large amounts of files. Visit Configure and Use Server Logs for more info.