Cognitive Services Text Analytics Tool
The Cognitive Services Text Analytics tool uses the Cognitive Services Text Analytics API to perform sentiment analysis, key phrase extraction, and language detection.
This tool is not automatically installed with Alteryx Designer. To use this tool, download it from the Alteryx Community.
Configure the Tool
- In Account Key, type the key associated with your Cognitive Services Text Analytics subscription.
- Select the Endpoint associated with the entered Account Key from the Endpoint drop-down list. The Endpoint will default to westus if left empty.
- Select the Field for Analysis.
- Select an Analysis Type. The method of analysis applied to the text. Supported languages vary by analysis type. For more information about supported languages, analysis processes, or use cases, see the Microsoft Text Analytics API Documentation.
- Sentiment Analysis: Analysis of topic perception. The API returns a numeric score between 0 and 1. Scores close to 0 indicate negative sentiment, while scores close to 1 indicate positive sentiment.
- Key Phrase Extraction: Identification of main topics. The API returns a list of strings denoting the key talking points in the input text.
- Language Detection: Detection of input language. The API returns the detected language and a numeric score between 0 and 1. Scores close to 1 indicate higher certainty that the reported language is correctly identified.