Alteryx Tool. The latest version is available from the Alteryx Community.
|Type of Support||
Read & Write
Alteryx Tools Used to Connect
Data Connection Manager
The OneDrive tools version 2.2.0 and later support Data Connection Manager for an easier and a safer storage of your credentials. Create a connection to OneDrive and easily reuse the stored credentials in workflows that include the OneDrive tools. Alteryx Server requires stored credentials to successfully run the published workflows.
Enable AMP Engine
Make sure you have the AMP engine enabled for the workflows which contain the OneDrive tools version 2.2.0 and later.
Custom API Application Setup
For more information on how to build and manage an application using the Microsoft Azure cloud services, refer to the Azure documentation.
- Navigate to https://portal.azure.com/#home.
- Sign in with your Microsoft Azure Active Directory account.
- On the Home screen use Search, or go to the upper left corner menu to open the Azure Active Directory service.
- Open App registrations in the left menu.
- Select + New registration.
- Specify the Name of the app.
- Choose desired account type–both Single tenant and Multitenant are allowed.
- In the Redirect URI:
- For OneDrive Input and Output version 2.0.2 and earlier: Select Single-page application (SPA) from the dropdown menu and set the two URLs:
For OneDrive Input and Output version 2.1.0 and later: Select Web-page application (WPA) from the dropdown menu and set the URL:
- Select Register.
- The Application (client) ID is your Client ID.
- The Directory (tenant) ID is your Tenant ID.
- Go to API permissions to add these Delegated permissions - Microsoft Graph:
- To use service principal (app-only authentication) proceed to Certificates & secrets and add New client secret. Copy the Value as it won't be accessible again once you leave the page–this is your Secret ID. In API permissions add these Application permissions - Microsoft Graph:
Standard login, Sign in via Internet Browser option, expires after 24 hours so it isn’t suitable for scheduling workflows. For scheduling, select Use Service Principal after you select the Provide authentication information option. Service Principal requires a custom API Application.