Salesforce Output Tool
The Salesforce Output tool allows you to write to Salesforce.com tables from Alteryx.
This tool is not automatically installed with
This tool requires that your Salesforce account is “API Enabled”. Contact your Salesforce administrator for assistance with granting your account API user permissions.
- URL: Enter your Salesforce URL in the following format: https://[instance].salesforce.com where [instance] refers to the specific server that pertains to your Salesforce environment.
The easiest way to determine your instance is to log in to Salesforce in a browser at https://login.salesforce.com. Once you are logged in you will be redirected to a URL that contains your instance.
- User Name: Enter your Salesforce user name associated with the Salesforce URL specified above. This is often an email address.
- Password: Enter your password for the Salesforce user name specified above. This information will be encrypted.
- Security Token: You may need to enter your Salesforce Security Token. This information will be encrypted. You can find instructions on how to get your security token from Salesforce Help.
- Connect: Click this button to establish a connection. If the credentials are accurate, the Configuration window will display.
- Table: Click a table to write to from Alteryx. Type in the search box to filter for a table or browse for a table by using the arrows – but you must click on a table name to register your selection.
- Output Operation: When writing data to a Salesforce.com table, the field names must be the same as the field names in the table, including capitalization, but the type and size of the data
doesnot matter. Choose from the following output options:
- Update: Replaces existing records in the specified table with the contents of the input stream. The ID field is required. All other fields must be within the target table.
- Insert: Adds to existing records in the specified table with the contents of the input stream. The ID field cannot be included. All other fields must be within the target table.
- Delete: Removes the records in the input stream from the specified table. The ID field is required and should be the only field provided.
- Change Credentials: Click the link at the bottom to change connection details, if necessary.
Data Type Considerations
Do not use Blob and SpatialObj field types in your workflow, as they cannot be output to Salesforce.