DCM - Server
Data Connection Manager (DCM) is a centralised storage for Database and Cloud interoperable connections (credentials linked to data sources) that facilitates workflow connection management and collaboration across Alteryx products. Use DCM to enter and use your connections and credentials among tools and workflows.
With DCM you can manage data sources, credentials and connections:
- Data source objects represent databases, cloud services and more,
- credential objects represent username and password combinations, oauth tokens,
- connection objects join data sources to credentials and are used by one or many Tools in your Workflows.
Go to the DCM help page for Designer for more info.
Data Connection Manager Configuration
As an administrator, configure the DCM settings on the component on the DCM screens in System Settings.
In Server-FIPS, DCM is enabled and cannot be disabled. Also, the DCM Enforced mode is enabled and cannot be changed in the FIPS capable version of Server.
Enable DCM for your Organization
Check Enable DCM for your Organization to enable the Data Connection Manager for your organization. This allows users to use the Connection Manager within Designer under File > Manage Connections. Go to the DCM help page for more info.
Note, if Enable DCM for your Organization is unchecked, users can override under Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > DCM to gain access to the Connection Manager. If you want to prevent this, uncheck Allow Override by User.
Select an option for default credential handling and storage.
DCM Optional – Connections (including passwords) are stored in a workflow by default. You can choose to store and manage connections in DCM.
DCM as Default – Connections (including passwords) are stored and managed in DCM by default. You can choose to store them in a workflow.
DCM Only –You can't configure connections in a workflow. You can only select connections stored in DCM. Workflows with embedded passwords will run.
DCM Enforced –Workflows with embedded passwords will not work.
SDK (Gallery) Tools Support
If you change the SDK Tools Support settings, restart Server to apply the change.
- Deny: SDK Tools are not supported, the Allow Credential for SDK (Server) tools checkbox is not surfaced in the credential UI.
- Allow: SDK tools support, the Allow Credential for SDK (Server) tools checkbox is surfaced in the UI with manual selection of each credential.
- Allow All: SDK tools support, the Allow Credential for SDK (Server) tools checkbox is surfaced in the UI and is prechecked for all credentials.
Allow Override by User
Check Allow Override by User to allow users to override these organization-level settings. When checked, users can override any of the above settings under Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > DCM. Uncheck Allow Override by User to enforce organization-level settings for all users.
Go to Administer Alteryx Server.