One Tool Example
Arrange has a One Tool Example. Go to Sample Workflows to learn how to access this and many other examples directly in Alteryx Designer.
Use Arrange to manually transpose and rearrange your data fields for presentation purposes. Data is transformed so that each record is turned into multiple records, and columns can be created by using field description data.
Configure the Tool
The Arrange tool configuration window contains 2 sections: Key Fields and Output Fields.
In Key Fields, select columns from your data stream. Select All to select all columns or select Clear to deselect all columns.
Create and manipulate Output Fields. To create a new output field, select Column and select Add to open the Add Column window. Next, customize these settings:
- Column Header: Enter the name of the new column of data.
- Fill in Description Column: Select Add New Description to create a column that contains your description value of the selected fields. Select [None] if you do not want to add a description column.
- Description Mode: Determine how the description field is populated.
- Take from Descriptions: Populated with the description metainfo.
- Take from Field Names: Populated with the field name.
- Leave empty: Not populated.
- Description Header: Enter the desired column name for the new description field.
- Fields: Select the fields that contain the data to fill your new column. Select All to select all fields or click Clear to deselect all fields.
To adjust existing columns, select Column and select:
- Delete: Deletes the entire column of the highlighted record.
- Rename Column Header: Enter a new column name for the column of the highlighted record.
- Replace Highlighted Descriptions: Use the search and replace fields to replace the text as specified for the highlighted records.
- Replace Entire Column Descriptions: Use the search and replace fields to replace the text as specified for the entire description column.
To adjust rows, select Row, and select:
- Add: Adds a blank row. Manually enter the description and use the dropdown to select a field.
- Delete: Delete a selected row.
To arrange existing data...
- Use the left and right arrows to reorder selected columns.
- Use the up and down arrows to reorder selected rows.