Last modified: May 17, 2023
One Tool Example
Comment has a One Tool Example. Visit Sample Workflows to learn how to access this and many other examples directly in Alteryx Designer.
Use Comment to add annotations to the project workspace. This is useful for jotting down notes and explaining processes.
Configure the Tool
- In the Text field, enter the text to appear in the comment box, or double-click the comment box on the canvas and enter text directly into the box.
- Specify the Shape, Font, Text Color, Background Color, and Text Alignment.
- Select a Background Image for the text box. You can select .png, .gif, .bmp, or .jpg image files.
- To re-size the comment box, point to a side or corner and drag to the desired size.
- To change the visibility of the comment box in relation to other tools on the canvas, right-click the tool and select Bring to Front or Send to Back. For more information on tool options, visit Build Workflows.