Compare Behavior Tool
Last modified: May 17, 2023
The Behavior Analysis tools have been deprecated as of version 2022.3. These tools will continue to work with US Business Insights Data Packages 2021 Q4 and earlier versions.
Use Compare Behavior to analyze 2 Profile sets, comparing one against the other. Think of it as building a sentence: "Analyze 'this/these' Using 'this/these'."
This tool requires a single data stream with 2 Profile fields. You might need to use an Append Fields tool to append a comparison Profile record to the other records.
Configure the Tool
Set the default dataset from User Settings. Go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings and open the Dataset Defaults tab.
- Choose a Dataset: Select the dataset to use. Each dataset has its own Profiles and Profile Sets that are specific to the selected clustering system. These datasets require a current subscription and license. Please contact your Alteryx account representative for more information regarding compatible datasets. For best results, keep your datasets consistent with each Behavior tool. Choosing "Most Recent Vintage" rather than a specific dataset ensures the most current dataset is used and won't require updating your workflow. You can easily specify the dataset in multiple tools at once with the Workflow Dependencies to ensure consistency throughout your workflow.
- Analyze: Select the data field that represents the Profile to use for analysis.
- Using: Select the data field that represents the Profile to use to compare the Analyze Profile against.
- Demographic: Classification level the Profile was built with. Choices include Auto-Detect, Household, Person, or Adult.
- Select Output Fields: Use the checkboxes to select the desired output fields. The buttons All and Clear can help with multiple selections.
Use Long Names: When checked, returns long field names. When left unchecked, shorter less descriptive field names are used. The table below displays available fields for output.
|Field Name||Short Name|
|Market Potential (Users)||MPOT|
|Market Potential Index (Users)||MPOTIDX|
|Market Potential (Volumetric)||MPOTVOL|
|Market Potential Index (Volumetric)||MPOTVOLIDX|
|Spearman Correlation (Users)||SPEAR|
|Pearson Correlation (Users)||PEARS|
|Spearman Correlation (Penetration)||SPEAR_PEN|
|Pearson Correlation (Penetration)||PEARS_PEN|
|Household Count||Household Count|
|Person Count||Person Count|
|Adult Count||Adult Count|