Connection properties display information about the data passed between tools. To view the properties and configuration option, select the connection arrow between any 2 tools.
Select a tool to display the incoming and outgoing connector indicators. The connector input to a tool displays in green. The connector output from a tool displays in blue.
Enter a name in this box if you would like to display a name on the connection in the workflow.
- Tools that accept multiple connections will name the connections automatically based on the order they are drawn, #1, #2, etc. You can rename those connections here. Tools like the Join tool, Find Replace tool, Union tool, Spatial Match tool, Find Nearest tool, Append Fields tool, and Join Multiple tool all have multiple input streams.
- A named connection can be useful for referencing a Condition tool when building an App or a Macro.
When the Wireless box is checked, the connection arrows are set to be invisible.
Input and output anchors will be marked with a wireless symbol to indicate a wireless connection. The color of the bars is indicative of how many connections are coming into or out of the anchor. One bar indicates one connection, two bars indicate two connections, and three bars indicate three or more connections.
The Fields section displays the schema view of the data stream being passed between tools. Field order is displayed with Field number, Field Name, Type, Size, and Source.
- Number: The numerical order in which a field appears in the table.
- Name: The name of the data field.
- Type: The kind of data contained within the field.
- Size: The length of the field.
- Source: Contains the tool or the file the field came from. It might also contain additional Metainfo like a specific dataset from a plugin. The tools that report metainfo include Allocate Input tool, Allocate Append tool, CASS tool, Street Geocoder tool, R tool, and tools that calculate drivetimes such as the Trade Area tool, Distance tool, and Find Nearest tool.
Description: Demographic tools like Allocate Input tool and Allocate Append tool include the full variable name in the description field, indicating the origin of a particular field.