Machine Learning Send
Use the Machine Learning Send tool to create or update existing projects in Alteryx Machine Learning.
The Machine Learning Send tool requires the AMP engine to run. Note that AMP is the default engine for all new workflows starting with Designer 22.1. Learn more about the AMP engine.
Install the Tool
To install the Machine Learning Send tool in Designer...
- Go to the downloads page.
- Go to Alteryx Intelligence Suite > Alteryx Intelligence Suite (your Designer version).
- Note that you must have Designer 21.3 or higher installed.
- Download the Alteryx Machine Learning Designer Integration Tools YXI file.
- Open Designer with the "Run as Administrator" option enabled.
- Open the YXI file to start the installation process.
- Note that the Machine Learning Send tool appears in the Machine Learning tool palette.
The integration tools are separate from the tools included in Alteryx Intelligence Suite.
There is an example workflow for the Machine Learning Send tool in the Alteryx Starter Kit for Intelligence Suite. To use the workflow:
- Go to the downloads page.
- Then go to Starter Kits > Alteryx Starter Kit for Intelligence Suite.
- Download and install the Alteryx Starter Kit for Intelligence Suite EXE file.
- Once installed, open Designer and go to Help > Sample Workflows > Intelligence Suite Starter Kit > (your language).
- Select "Part 1: Sending data to Alteryx Machine Learning" to open the example workflow.
Configure the Tool
Connect to Alteryx Machine Learning
If you want to run the Machine Learning Send tool on Server, follow these additional steps. If not, you can follow these steps:
- First, you need to create an access token if you don’t already have one. Follow these steps to create one from the platform home page.
- Next, in the tool configuration panel, enter the URL you use to access your Alteryx Machine Learning account.
- Select Sign In.
- Add a new data source in the Connection Manager. The Connection Manager should appear after you enter the URL for the first time.
- To open the Connection Manager, go to File > Manage Connections.
- Select + Add Data Source.
- Enter a Data Source Name.
- Under Technology, select Trifacta Auth if not already selected.
- Select Save.
- Within your new data source page under Connections, select Access Token under Authentication Method.
- Check the Allow connection for SDK box.
- Under Credential, select your authorization credential.
- If you don’t have an authorization credential, select Create New Credential.
- Enter a Credential Name.
- Enter your Access Token from step 1.
- Select Create and Link.
- Select Link.
- Once you are successfully connected to your account, the tool displays an "Authentication Verified" message.
- To change credentials, select Change Credentials.
- To create a new project, select Create New Project:
- Enter a Name and Description for the new project.
- Select Run to upload the new project to Alteryx Machine Learning.
- To upload data to an existing project, select Upload to Existing
- Check the project you want to upload data to from the list. You can search for a specific project using the search bar or the filter options from the menu.
- Select Run to upload the data to the existing project in Alteryx Machine Learning.
Uploading new data to an existing project resets it and overwrites the data that already exists for that project.