Alteryx Tool. The latest version is available from the Alteryx Community.
|Type of Support||
Read & Write
Alteryx Tools Used to Connect
Custom API Application Setup
For more information on how to build and manage an application using Microsoft Azure cloud services, refer to the Azure documentation.
- Navigate to https://portal.azure.com/#home.
- Sign in with your Microsoft Azure Active Directory account.
- On the Home screen use Search, or go to the upper left corner menu to open the Azure Active Directory service.
- Open App registrations in the left menu.
- Select + New registration.
- Specify the Name of the app.
- Choose your desired account type–both Single-tenant and Multitenant are allowed.
- In the Redirect URI...
- Select Single-page application (SPA) from the dropdown.
- To maintain full functionality with various versions of the connector, set the 2 URLs:
- Since the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) update, you must add an additional Redirect URI. Select Web Application and set the URL to http://localhost/.
- Select Register.
- The Application (client) ID is your Client ID.
- The Directory (tenant) ID is your Tenant ID.
- Go to API permissions to add these Delegated permissions - Microsoft Graph:
- Go to API permissions to add these Delegated permissions – Dynamics CRM:
- To use service principal (app-only authentication) proceed to Certificates & secrets and add New client secret. Copy the Value as it won't be accessible again once you leave the page–this is your Secret ID. In API permissions add these Application permissions - Microsoft Graph:
Create a user for your app in Power Platform and add System Administrator security role:
Navigate to Microsoft Power Platform admin center
Select an environment.
Select Settings. In Users + permissions, select Application users.
Select New app user.
Select Add an app and select your app.
Select a Business unit.
In Security role, select System Administrator.
Standard sign-in (Sign in via Internet Browser) expires after 24 hours so it's not suitable for scheduling workflows. For scheduling, select Use Service Principal after you select the Provide authentication information option. Service Principal requires a custom API Application.