Union In-DB Tool
Last modified: May 17, 2023
Use Union In-DB to combine 2 or more In-DB data streams with similar data structures based on field names or field positions. In the output, each column contains the data from each input.
In-Database enables blending and analysis against large sets of data without moving the data out of a database and can provide significant performance improvements over traditional analysis methods. For more about the In-Database tool category, visit In-Database Overview.
Configure the Tool
- Choose the preferred configuration mode:
- Auto Config by Name: Aligns fields by field name.
- Auto Config by Position: Aligns fields by their field order in the stream.
- When Fields are Different: Select how to handle nonconforming data fields from the dropdown:
- Error - Stop Processing: Throws an error in the Results window, and ends the schema.
- Output All Fields: All fields are included. Null values populate empty fields.
- Output Common Subset of Fields: Only the fields that each input has in common are output.