11.0 Major Release - Release date February 15, 2017, version 184.108.40.206674
- Visual data profiling with charts and metadata is now available in the Browse tool.
- A colored data quality bar now displays at the top of each column of data in the Browse tool Results window.
- The top of the Results window for each tool now provides the total record count when partial results display.
- You can now access private Gallery data connections shared by a Gallery Admin. Connect to saved and shared data connections using an Input Data or Output Data tool.
- Manage saved and shared connections in the new Manage Data Connections window, which replaces the Alias Manager.
- Workflows can now be scheduled to run in a private Gallery. View and manage scheduled jobs on the Schedules page in the Gallery.
New and Enhanced Data Sources
- Microsoft Analytics Platform System and Microsoft Azure SQL Database now have standard and in-database support.
- IBM Netezza and SAP Hana now have in-database support.
- Amazon Redshift bulk connections now support the selection of a bucket region, upload chunk size, and Signature V4 authentication. You can also disable the Vacuum and Analyze maintenance commands.
- The Amazon S3 Upload and Amazon S3 Download tools now support Signature V4 authentication.
- Kerberos SSPI support for reading and writing to HDFS is now available with the Input Data, Output Data, Connect In-DB, and Data Stream In tools.
- Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle connection steps via the Input Data and Output Data tools have been simplified and now prompt to install the necessary drivers.
- MySQL now supports reading and writing spatial data.
- The SharePoint List Input & SharePoint List Output tools are now compatible with SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and Online.
- Multiple files within a .zip file can now be opened using the Input Data tool.
- Alteryx has exposed data type mapping between Alteryx and underlying databases. This allows partners and vendors to customize support for ODBC connections to a data source not supported by Alteryx. Partners and vendors can contact their business development representative for more information on this functionality.
- The Formula tool has a new interface and now includes auto-complete and search functionality for building an expression, and a preview of the data resulting from the expression.
- The DateTime tool now recognizes more date/time formats and supports the conversion of custom strings to and from date/time formats.
- The DateTimeParse and DateTimeFormat functions available in various tool expression editors now recognize more date/time formats.
- The Comment tool and the Tool Container tool text can now be edited by double-clicking them on the canvas and typing directly in the box.
- A new option helps you quickly group tools into a container by selecting one or more tools on the canvas, right-clicking, and clicking Add To New Container.
- The WDC for Tableau tool has been enhanced to make it easier to refresh data in Tableau when using different app answers.
- A .csv file that uses UTF-8 can now be output without a byte order mark (BOM) via a new option in the Output Data tool. To read the .csv file without the BOM via an input tool, select the UTF-8 code page.
- Search is now located in the top right corner of the window and returns results from tools, Help, the Alteryx Community, and the Gallery.
- Example tool workflows can be opened from Search results, and tools can be dragged from Search results to the canvas.
User Experience Enhancements
- A macro can now be easily added to a workflow as soon as it is built by right-clicking the canvas and inserting the new macro.
- The folder where your workflow is saved can now be opened by right-clicking the workflow tab and selecting Open Containing Folder.
Predictive Analytics Enhancements
- A new Cross-Validation tool compares the performance of one or more predictive models generated using the process of cross-validation. It supports all classification and regression models.
- The Optimization tool now supports more flexibility with field names.
- A new DataRobot Automodel tool uploads data to the DataRobot machine learning platform that creates predictive models.
- A new DataRobot Predict tool scores data using predictive models generated by DataRobot.
- The Decision Tree, Linear Regression, and Logistic Regression tools have a new interface with updated configuration options.
- Microsoft SQL Server now has in-database support in the following tools. Right-click the tool to change between the standard version of the tool and the in-database version of the tool.
- Decision Tree
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Forest Model
- Boosted Model
- R 3.3.2, Microsoft R Client 3.3.2, and Microsoft R Server 9.0.1 are now supported. See Predictive Analytics.
New and Enhanced One-Tool Examples
- New one-tool examples have been added for the following tools:
- Data Cleansing
- Multi-Field Formula
- Multi-Row Formula
- Field Summary
- The following one-tool examples have been updated to demonstrate new functionality:
- Input Data
- Output Data
- Alteryx Analytics 11.0 does not support 32-bit Windows systems, and the 32-bit installers are not available for this release. For more information, see Support for 32-Bit Windows Systems.
- The Alteryx 11.0 predictive installer is not compatible with Oracle R Enterprise 1.5. For compatibility, use the Alteryx 10.6 predictive installer.
- The following deprecated tools have been permanently removed from Alteryx. Update any workflows that use these tools:
- TeradataBCP – Use the Output Data tool for Teradata bulk write.
- HDFS Input – Use the Input Data tool to connect to HDFS.
- HDFS Output – Use the Output Data tool to connect to HDFS.
- Chart – Use the Charting tool instead.
- CARTO maps are now included as a mapping option in Alteryx.
- The Text To Columns tool is now included in the Favorites tool category.
- The Basic Data Profile tool has been moved from the Laboratory category to the Data Investigation category and is now fully supported. Use the Basic Data Profile tool to see an overview, or profile, of data and output the information for further analysis. To see a visual representation of the data profile, in addition to metadata, use a Browse tool.
- The default margin size for new containers is now “Small.”
- Tools built with the C# SDK now load into the correct category on the tool palette.
- The Output window for scheduled workflows (Options > View Schedules > Results tab > + sign > Output) now refreshes properly.
- The help pages for the Prescriptive category tools now properly display when selecting a tool and pressing F1.
- The SharePoint List Input tool now displays data in the Results window.
- Tool metadata now displays in the Results window before running a workflow.
- Tools built with SDK now support the ability to display output in the Results window without the need for a Browse tool.
- An issue with a Test tool configured in conjunction with the “"Cancel Running Workflow on Error" workflow Runtime option has been fixed.
- Joining a Dynamic Input In-DB tool to a Connect In-DB or Data Stream In tool now works properly.
- The Formula tool now properly passes data containing Unicode characters.
- An error related to transferring data via the Download tool no longer occurs.
- A rare issue causing intermittent loss of records when writing to a directory in Hadoop using HDFS has been fixed for WebHDFS.
- HDFS connection messages now properly display in the Results window and engine logs when using a macro to dynamically output data to HDFS within another macro.
- The Hive driver NOT statement now returns the correct result.
- An issue with quoted strings with Oracle OCI has been fixed.
11.0 Stable Update - Release date March 21, 2017, version 220.127.116.11351
- The %W DateTime specifier now correctly treats Monday as the beginning of the week.
- Temporary files generated when running a workflow are now properly deleted.
- Alteryx Designer no longer becomes unresponsive if using the Search function with limited internet connectivity.
- Workflows containing 32-bit ODBC connections now save without error.
- Connections to MySQL using 32-bit ODBC drivers no longer produce an error.
11.0 Stable Update - Release date May 22, 2017, version 18.104.22.168907
- The canvas now responds more quickly with large workflows using Tool Containers.
- The list of Schedules in the View Schedules window no longer disappears periodically.
- A crash bug that sometimes occurred when selecting or deleting tools has been fixed.