Release Date: February 13, 2019
- The Python tool now supports more data formats including blob and spatial.
- There is no longer a restriction on the number of columns that Python tool will support.
- There is now an Interactive mode and a Production mode. Production mode enhances speed.
Interactive Chart Tool and Insight Tool
- The new Transforms option in the Interactive Chart and Insight tools lets you add a Split to separate data into multiple layers, so you can choose variable styling for each layer of a chart based on the number of different values within a column. The Transforms option is available for Area, Bar, Box, Line, and Scatter charts.
- You can create stacked bar charts in the Interactive Chart and Insight tools to display how subgroups of data contribute to the total. You can use an option within bar charts to create column charts. You can use an option within scatter plots to create bubble charts.
- You can now select multiple tools prior to run and cache, which enables you to cache at multiple points in the workflow simultaneously.
- Users who have been given the permission to edit workflows shared with them in a collection in their private Gallery, can open the workflows in Designer, edit them, and save the changed workflow directly back to the Gallery collection.
- A new XML string attribute was added to the configuration file ToolFamily.
- YXI installers can now be grouped together to share dependencies and a single python virtual environment.
- Added a new XML string attribute to the configuration file ToolFamilyGlobalStateGroup.
- A new messaging function, DebugMessageOut was added. <![CDATA[ ]]>
Known and Fixed Issues
|DE17997||The Score tool now supports local model file configurations for non-English versions of Designer.||Fixed|
|DE18198||The Random Forest tool now supports training models on target columns that contain missing values.||Fixed|
|DE16760||The SVM tool no longer resolves to an error state when a single predictor value is used.||Fixed|
|DE18201||The Receiver operating characteristics (ROC) curve can now be generated when predictive tools have missing values.||Fixed|
|DE17981||A field with only numeric values and formatted as a string, used in a chart in the Interactive Chart or Insights tools, is displayed as a categorical field with equal spacing between the values instead of relative spacing based on the numeric value.||Fixed|
|DE17762||When using the In-Database tools that create tables on the target database, an error is no longer issued if the user specified “Overwrite Table (Drop)” and the table doesn’t exist.||Fixed|
|DE17850||The Avro schema length limit error now surfaces from the session rather than from Alteryx, including vendor details and any other errors.||Fixed|
|DE18248||All previously set Oracle connections created with In-DB now display.||Fixed|
|DE18035||Writing to Databricks using the In-DB tool no longer returns errors.||Fixed|
|DE18286||When you are connected to a session using a 32-bit driver, selecting PreSQL or PostSQL brings up the same dialog as when you are connected to a 64-bit driver session.||Fixed|
|DE17992||Tool tips now display within the expression editor in Formula and Filter tools.||Fixed|
|DE15106||The Directory tool no longer loses configuration when clicking on and off the tool.||Fixed|
|DE17939||Designer now opens at the previous display state (maximized or custom size) when opening from minimized state.||Fixed|
|DE17113||You can now add text to tool containers, including multibyte languages (i.e., Chinese, Japanese, Korean).||Fixed|
|DE13156||When a Union tool is used inside a Batch Macro with "Set a Specific Output Order" check box checked. The Batch Macro now returns all of the results.||Fixed|
|DE16854||Installing tools using YXI's failed due to paths being longer than Windows allowed. The error message now explains problem and proposes a solution.||Fixed|
|DE17383||A crash no longer happens when you use a tool based on the Python SDK and do not set all of the output fields.||Fixed|
|DE17915||The Crew Runner Macro no longer Fails ('F') a workflow when the Results Log contain unicode characters.||Fixed|
|DE18112||During startup a temporary directory utilized by Designer was not writable. The proper system path is now respected.||Fixed|
|DE15135||New Serial Numbers are now lower case.||Fixed|
|DE18054||Tools that can be cached outside of containers are now able to be cached inside containers.||Fixed|
|DE18256||There is now no lag time when dragging a tool to the canvas.||Fixed|
|DE18208||The Schedule Workflow icon no longer looks disabled.||Fixed|
|DE18035||When multiple Write Data In-DB tools have a pass-through configuration (i.e., at least one tool is connected to the output) in a single workflow, only the first one will run correctly.||Known|
|DE18187||Decision Tree tool counts are incorrect in the interactive output.||Known|
|DE18222||In the Interactive Chart tool, there is an issue with single quote characters in the configuration wording. In the French, Spanish, and Portuguese builds the single quote causes issue with the translation and appears incorrect.||Known|
|DE18287||In the Insight tool, the color selector for the Heatmap chart type does not render correctly on output.||Known|
|DE18037||In the Render tool, when a temporary .PNG Image is selected as the output mode, the selection for "Show header and footer on first page" is moved below the viewable space in the configuration window.||Known|
|DE18012||When "disable all tool that write output" is selected in the Runtime tab of the workflow configuration, caching appears to work, but it is not.||Known|
|DE18196||An error can occur when activating the license from a command line when using SSL where a valid certification path is not found.||Known|
|DE17898||When buffering a line, the Buffering tool may generate extra lines on the buffer that attach to the original line to be-buffered.||Known|
|DE18015||Users who download French Designer are unable to request a Canadian Geocoder.||Known|
|DE18621||Production mode does not print double byte characters properly.||Known|
|DE18622||If a numeric or byte field contains null values, it will be converted to a double type when using .yxdb as the intermediate data type.||Known|
|DE18278||Global variables do not reset between iterations in iterative macros. The global variables will retain their value between iterations and need to be initialized directly by the Python SDK tool.||Known|
|DE18707||An error occurs when using the Add All Browses option and running the workflow. The Add All Browses option is available for tools with multiple output anchors.||Known|
Release Date: March 19, 2019
Known and Fixed Issues
|DE18278||Global variables do not reset between iterations in iterative macros. The global variables will retain their value between iterations and need to be initialized directly by the Python SDK tool.||Fixed|
|DE18658||Language dictionaries are not loading correctly for insights||Fixed|
|DE18707||An error occurs when using the Add All Browses option and running the workflow. The Add All Browses option is available for tools with multiple output anchors.||Fixed|
|DE18839||Enable events cannot be unchecked.||Fixed|
Product Compatibility and Version Support Policy
Visit Alteryx Customer Support to view the Product Compatibility and Version Support Policy.