Technology and Security Overview
Privacy and Compliance Certification
Alteryx Auto Insights is compliant with industry-standard regulations and performs regular assessments concerning security and privacy.
- ISO/IEC 27001 certified
- Aligned to GDPR principles
- Annual penetration test by an independent third-party
Hosting and Architecture Overview
- The Auto Insights SaaS solution is hosted in the Azure cloud following multi-layer secured architecture. Auto Insights Cloud has passed strict security controls and is also used by our Government clients and large enterprises.
- All customer data is stored in Azure datacenters in your region, so data never goes offshore.
- The web servers are run behind Web Application Firewall and Network Security Groups. Multiple Virtual Machines are running behind the Application Gateways to ensure high availability.
- Auto Insights VMs store data to Azure Managed MySQL DB encrypted mounted disks. The different applications of Auto Insights communicate with each other using messaging brokers on secured connections.
- Details of data encryption can be found here and data segregation can be found here.
Ingestion and Data Structure
There are 3 ways data can be ingested into Auto Insights:
- Alteryx Designer via the Auto Insight Uploader: this enables users to surface insights directly from existing workflows. More information on how to ingest data via Designer can be found here.
- Database connection: Auto Insight is ODBC compatible, and can connect to common databases such as MYSQL, MS SQL, POSTGRES, and Snowflake. More information on how to connect via the database can be found here.
- CSV upload: users can drag and drop a CSV or ZIP file into Auto Insights to surface insights for ad hoc analysis. More information on how to upload CSV data can be found here.
The data structure that works best in Auto Insights is structured, transactional, time-series data (uncovering changes, patterns, anomalies, and 'what caused this). Auto Insights does not currently work with unstructured or geospatial data. More information on data preparation requirements can be found here.
The data we fetch is transformed into a Parquet file after limited cleansing and stored on encrypted mounted disks in a secure network location. It is not loaded into Auto Insights' own database. Auto Insights does not create new data, or edit or delete existing data in your databases or CSV files. In addition, Auto Insights does not compute directly in your databases or data sources. Computation is carried out within the software itself.