Load Metadata from Microsoft Azure Data Catalog
Use the Microsoft Azure Data Catalog Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect from a specified Microsoft Azure Data Catalog. You can upload metadata of glossary terms as well as data assets.
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
Microsoft Azure Data Catalog apps are integrated with Microsoft Azure Active Directory to provide secure sign-in and authorization.
- Register your application with Microsoft Azure Active Directory using the Azure portal, designating your app as a Native app.
- Verify that you have an Application ID, username, and password prepared for loader use.
Application parameters example
• Name: AzureDataCatalog
• Application ID: f2c4a77f-fd3e-4bb2-935f-ed5a6e1ab4c8
• Redirect URIs: https://api.azuredatacatalog.com/
• Owners: Joe Smith
• Permissions: Microsoft Azure Data Catalog, Windows Azure Active Directory
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Click Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > Azure Data Catalog Loader > Azure Data Catalog Loader.
- Click Run as Analytic App .
- In the Azure Data Catalog tab, select an application for the loader to use and enter the following:
- Application ID: The application ID of your Native application for Azure Data Catalog.
- Username & password: The credentials associated with the application.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.https://yourcompany.alteryxconnect.com
Before running the app, click and save the app configuration to the following directory:C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect\AzureDataCatalog_Loader\
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Click Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, click Data Sources > Databases.
- Select a folder to view its contents.