Load Metadata from a Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store
Use the Microsoft Azure Data Lake Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect from a specified Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store.
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
Azure Data Lake loader requires following information: Tenant ID, Application ID, and Authentication key. See Azure Data Lake documentation.
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Click Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > ADLS Loader > ADLS Loader.
- Click Run as Analytic App .
In the Azure Data Lake Store tab:
- Type the Azure Data Lake Store connection information, including Tenant ID, Application ID, Authentication key, and Store name.
- Path: An absolute path to load. Leave blank to load the full structure.
Files to load: A comma-separated list of file types to load. Leave blank to load all file types.
Supported file types include .csv, .xls, .xlsx, .yxdb, .xml, .twb, .tde, and .arvo.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.https://yourcompany.alteryxconnect.com
Before running the app, click and save the app configuration to the following directory:C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect\ADLS_Loader\
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Click Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, click Data Sources > Files.
- Select your store name.
- Select a folder to view its contents.