Load Metadata from a DB2 Database
Use the DB2 Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect for a specified DB2 database.
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
The DB2 ODBC driver must be installed. See DB2 downloads and Installation information.
DSN for DB2 must be added.
To add a DSN by using ODBC Administrator:
- From the Control Panel, access Administrative Tools. Select either:
- ODBC Data Sources (64-bit)
- ODBC Data Sources (32-bit)
- Click the System DSN, then click Add.
- Select IBM® DB2 ODBC DRIVER from the list, then click Finish.
- Type the data source name, and then press Add.
- On the Data Source tab:
- Input the User ID and Password.
- On the Advanced Settings tab, add next parameters:
- Hostname of the machine where DB2 is running.
- Port number on which DB2 is listening.
- Protocol that is used.
- Database that you want to connect to.
- Click OK to close the ODBC Data Source Administrator.
- Open the newly created DB2 DSN and press Connect to test connection.
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Click Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > DB2 Loader > DB2 Loader.
Click Run as Analytic App .
In the DB2 server tab:
- Type the DB2 connection information, including DSN, server, database, and credentials.
- Optionally, in Schemas to load, specify a comma-separated list of schemas. Leave blank to load all available schemas.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.https://yourcompany.alteryxconnect.com
Before running the app, click and save the app configuration to the following directory:C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect\DB2_Loader\
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Click Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, click Data Sources > Databases.
- Select a folder to view its contents.