Load Metadata from an Alteryx Server Gallery
Use the Alteryx Loader to upload Gallery workflows and Alteryx Insights metadata to Alteryx Connect.
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
- Alteryx Predictive Tools with R must be installed. See Predictive Analytics.
- An Alteryx Server Gallery must be accessible by the workflow. For more information, see the Alteryx Server Help for Administrators.
- Enable the Admin API and obtain the Admin API Key and Secret:
- Log in to the Gallery as a Curator.
- Go to Settings and click the Keys tab.
- Enable the Admin API.
- Copy the Key and Secret.
- Workflows/Macros/Apps should be published to the Gallery.
For lineage requirements, see Maintain Data Lineage.
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Click Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > Alteryx Loader > Alteryx Loader.
- Click Run as Analytic App .
- In the Alteryx Gallery tab:
- Type the Gallery API URL
- Enter the Gallery API Key and Secret.
- In Search, optionally type any search text to limit results.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.https://yourcompany.alteryxconnect.com
- Before running the app, click and save the app configuration to the following directory:
- Click Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, click Data Sources.
- Select a folder to view its contents.