Load Metadata from a Teradata Database
Use the Teradata Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect for a specified Teradata database.
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
- The Teradata user account requires elevated permissions to access DBC system tables, schemas, and other content.
- The Teradata ODBC driver must be installed. See Teradata Downloads.
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Click Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > Teradata Loader > Teradata Loader.
- Click Run as Analytic App .
In the Teradata server tab:
- Type the Teradata connection information, including server, database, and credentials.
- In Schemas to load, optionally specify a comma-separated list of schemas. Leave blank to load all schemas.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.https://yourcompany.alteryxconnect.com
Before running the app, click and save the app configuration to the following directory:C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\AlteryxConnect\Teradata_Loader\
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Click Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, click Data Sources > Databases.
- Select a folder to view its contents.