Allocate Report Tool
The Allocate Report tool allows you to retrieve and run any pre-formatted or custom report associated with Allocate. Reports can be exported to Reporting Snippets, HTML, PDF, RTF, XLS, and Alteryx Composer's PCXML format.
The Allocate Report tool is only available if the machine running Alteryx has a licensed installation of Allocate.
Configure the tool
- Select the Allocate dataset from which to retrieve data.
- Select the polygon type to be retrieved by selecting an option under Records Are:. If the specified field contains point objects, values of 0 will be returned in the report.
- Standard geographies are geographies whose polygons are delivered with Allocate and for which Allocate stores a corresponding Demo Key, such as States, Counties, and so on.
- Custom polygons are areas that the user has created and for which Allocate will calculate the variables selected by utilizing its block centroid retrieval technique.
Standard Geographies can also be specified dynamically by choosing which field contains the Geography Short Name Field. This means you can have geographies of different types within the same data stream, such as States and ZIP Codes. The Geography Short Name Field can be accessed from the Allocate Input Tool from the Special Fields tab.
Choosing Custom Polygons when the spatial objects are standard geographies may result in slower data retrieval. Also, in some cases, the polygons associated with the geography may have been altered for appearance or better efficiencies in mapping. Using the block centroid retrieval could result in discrepancies between the data stored by demo keys and the calculated data.
- Select the field containing the Spatial Field or Key Field box.
You can specify the default dataset from User Settings. Go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings and click the Dataset Defaults tab.
- If you are appending information for standard geographies, choose the field that contains the Key values.
- If you are specifying a geography type with a 'by State' or 'by County' classification, make sure to select the RawKey as the Key Field.
- If you are appending information for custom polygons, choose the field that contains the appropriate spatial object.
The custom Rank Report, titled "Rank Report" will not work from Designer. This report must be run in Allocate.
- By clicking the index button, a geography tree will appear. Expand the appropriate levels to reveal the geography level to be used as an index.
- Include Index Base in Report: An Index Base is a database for a market area that to compare other markets against. For example, you may elect to compare a radius around a site to the top ten performing stores, or a ZIP Code to the DMA it is located inside.
Report Snippet:Select this option if using other Reporting Tools to generate Report Snippets for a compiled report. When choosing this output type, other configuration properties include:
Each Individual Record: A separate Allocate Report is created for each individual record of data in the input connection.
All Records Combined: A single Allocate Report is created that summarizes all the incoming records.
Each Group of Records: A separate Allocate Report is created for each group of records.
Group By (Optional): If choosing Each Group of Records, the user must then select which data field to group by using the Group By data field boxes.
- Append Suffix to File/Table Name: Appends the value of the selected Field name to the end of the specified Table name
- Prepend Prefix to File/Table Name: Prepends the value of the selected Field name to the beginning of the specified Table Name
- Change File Name: Changes the file name to the value of the selected Field name
- Change Entire File Path : Changes to the file name to what is in the field name. The field name MUST contain a full path, otherwise you will receive an error.
Output (8): Open() failed for : invalid filename extension.