Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a Customer Relationship Management software product, offered as part of the Microsoft Dynamics family of business software products.
|Type of Support:||Read & Write|
|Verified On:||Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Azure Active Directory|
|Connection Type:||Alteryx Tool. The latest version is available from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery.|
To configure a connection to Microsoft Dynamics CRM, create a Web Application Client in Azure Active Directory or a self-hosted Active Directory server, depending on the version and configuration of Dynamics CRM.
Alteryx tools used to connect
Before using Dynamics CRM Input or Output tools, create an application user role with permissions to access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM instance.
- Create a Web Application registered with your Azure Active Directory Tenant. See Create an Azure Active Directory application in the Microsoft Azure Documentation.
- Create a secret key and grant the Dynamics CRM Online permission to your Web Application client. See To add application credentials, or permissions to access web APIs in the Microsoft Azure Documentation site.
Treat the secret key like any other password, and store it in a safe location.
- Create a custom security role to associate with the application user role created in the next step. See Create a security role for the application user in the Microsoft MSDN Documentation.Minimum required permissions
Set the following Customization permissions to read.
- Attribute Map
- Plug-in Assembly
- Plug-in Type
- SDK Message
- SDK Message Processing Step
- SDK Message Processing Step Image
- Create an application user role to associate with the custom security role created in the previous step. See Create an application user associated with the registered application in Dynamics 365 in the Microsoft MSDN documentation.