Google Analytics Tool
This tool is not automatically installed with Alteryx Designer. To use this tool, download it from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery.
If you have an existing workflow that uses an older version of the Google Analytics tool, the old version will continue to function. However, you will need to manually change the tool to use the newer version available from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery:
- Alteryx 10.6: From the palette, drag the new version of the Google Analytics tool onto the canvas.
- Alteryx 11.0 and later: Right-click the existing tool in your workflow, point to Choose Tool Version, and select the latest version.
Configure the tool
- In the Configuration window, select a sign-in method.
- Online: Use this method for ad-hoc workflows. Sign in using Google account credentials. This option requires re-entering credentials every 60 minutes or any time a new workflow is opened. This method will not work for scheduled workflows.
- Offline: This method is required for scheduled workflows. Sign in using Google API credentials. This option requires a Client ID, Client Secret, and Refresh Token and does not require re-entering credentials to run a workflow.
- Select an account, web property, and profile.
- Available Accounts is determined by your login account.
- Available WebProperties is determined by your account selection.
- Available Profiles is determined by your WebProperties selection. This is a unique table ID associated with the data query.
- Select a date range. Select either a preset range (for example, Today, Last Month, Year to Date) or Custom to specify a start and end date.
- Select at least one metric and a maximum of ten metrics and goals.
Metrics are the aggregated statistics for user activity to your site, such as clicks and page views, while goals represent completed activities. Most combinations of metrics can be used together, provided no dimensions are specified. Only valid combinations of metrics and dimensions can be used.
- (Optional) Select a maximum of seven dimensions.
Dimensions break down metrics by common criteria. Only valid combinations of metrics and dimensions can be used.
- (Optional) Select a maximum of four segments. Selecting multiple segments limits the results to data included in all selected segments.
Maximum Results: The maximum number of rows to include in the response.
- On the Configuration Summary screen, review your selections.
View the output
- D anchor: The selected data from your query.
- S anchor: Summary information from your query.