Data Stream In Tool
Bring data from Designer into the In-DB workflow.
In-Database enables blending and analysis against large sets of data without moving the data out of a database and can provide significant performance improvements over traditional analysis methods. For more about the In-Database tool category, see In-Database Overview.
Configure the tool
Connection Name: Click the drop-down to create a new connection, manage an existing connection, or select a connection from the list of connections that have already been set up.
- Manage Connections: Click to create, edit, or delete a connection.
- Open File Connection: Click to browse to a saved database connection file.
Creation Mode: Select the appropriate option for writing the data. Choices include:
- Create Temporary Table: Writes to a temporary table that is available until the end of the session. This option is useful for building In-DB predictive macros because it holds the metadata in place temporarily. If this option is selected, the Table Name field is disabled and displays “[a unique temporary table name is generated on each run]".
- Create New Table: Creates a new table. Will not overwrite an existing table.
If an HDFS Avro option is selected, the avro.schema.literal fails at 4000 characters and an error will occur on the table creation. Try reducing the character length of the column names, or selecting fewer columns.
- Overwrite Table (Drop): Completely drops the existing table and creates a new one.
Table Name: Enter the name of the database table to create or update. If Create Temporary Table is selected, the Table Name field is disabled and displays “[a unique temporary table name is generated on each run]".
To use this tool with Oracle, you must have permissions to write to the tempspace assigned to GLOBAL TEMPORARY. Contact your Oracle database administrator.
For more information, see Connect In-DB Tool.