Use the Workflow Dependencies window to manage input and output paths and data specifications in a workflow from a single location. In Workflow Dependencies, tools are grouped by the input or output path or data specifications used in configuration. You can edit paths individually or as a group to be relative or absolute.
Edit paths in Workflow Dependencies to prepare your workflows to be shared and deployed across your organization.
With a workflow open, click Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies to open the window.
Workflow Dependencies displays a table of all inputs, outputs, and data in a workflow. The table can be viewed in two ways:
- Show individual Tools: (Default) Displays the configuration of each tool dependent on a data file.
- Group by same Path, Connection and Dataset: Displays tools in groups based on common dependency.
- Click Edit next to the dependency.
- Review the dependency details.
- Directory: Displays the full path of the dependency as it is configured in the workflow.
- Table/Query: Displays the table name or query specified for the dependency.
- Test Error: Displays any error associated with the data.
Click one of the following buttons:
- All Relative: changes all file dependencies to a relative path to the workflow location
- All Absolute: changes all file dependencies to an absolute path to the file location
- All UNC: changes all file dependencies to a Uniform Naming Convention; all mapped drives are renamed to a network resource
- Test: checks connections and reports errors
For your reference, the workflow path displays at the bottom of Workflow Dependencies.
Tools configured with data files can be edited in Workflow Dependencies.
You can edit any part of a file path in the following tools:
- Input Data Tool
- Output Data Tool
- Dynamic Input Tool
- Run Command Tool
- Directory Tool
- Spatial Match Tool
- Email Tool
- Calgary Tools
You can only edit part of the file path in the following tools:
- Render Tool: Edit any part of the file path including location, directory, name, or file type.
- Street Geocoder Tool: Choose any installed Alteryx Geocoder dataset to use for geocoding.
- Trade Area Tool, Distance Tool, Find Nearest Tool: Choose any installed Drivetime dataset to use for drive time analysis.
- Allocate Input Tool, Allocate Metainfo Tool, Allocate Append Tool, Allocate Report Tool: Choose any installed Allocate dataset to use for demographic data retrieval. Geography and variable selections will be maintained in the workflow.
- Macros not found in the default Macro Directory: \Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Macros
Macros that are saved to the default Macro directory are not included in Workflow Dependencies.
You can view the following tools, but not edit them, in Workflow Dependencies: