Multi-Field Formula Tool
The Multi-Field Formula tool creates or updates multiple fields using a single expression.
Configure the tool
- In the Configuration window, select a data type in Select Fields.
- Select the fields to apply the formula to. Only the fields that are of the specified data type display. Select columns individually or use All or Clear.
- Select Copy Output Fields and Add and select Prefix or Suffix to create new columns for the data. Deselect to update the data in the original columns.
- Select a data type in Change Output Type to to change the data type of the values in the column.
- Size: The size of the data type. Update manually for string data types.
- _CurrentField_: Uses the selected field in the function.
- _CurrentFieldName_: Uses the name of the selected field in the function.
- _CurrentFieldType_: Uses the data type of the selected field in the function.
Because this tool includes an expression editor, an additional input anchor displays when the tool is used in an app or macro workflow. Use the Interface tools to connect to a Question anchor. See Interface Tools.