SharePoint List Output Tool
The SharePoint List Output tool writes the content of a data stream to a SharePoint list.
DateTime data and SharePoint
SharePoint stores all DateTime values as UTC. To correctly convert your system's DateTime values to and from UTC, do the following:
- When writing to SharePoint, convert your system's timezone to UTC with the DateTimeToUTC() function.
- When reading from SharePoint, convert from UTC to your system's timezone with the DateTimeToLocal() function.
Otherwise, use another DateTime Function to perform the calculation. For additional information, see Functions.
Configure the tool
- Select a SharePoint Version: 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, or Online.
- Type the full SharePoint URL or click the drop-down to select a saved URL.
- Type your User Name and Password. The user name must include the domain name.
- (Optional) Select Save connection history to save the connection URL and credentials when you run the workflow. You can save up to ten connections.
- Select a List. The contents are specific to the URL you specify. If your URL contains a directory, only lists for that directory are shown.
- In Output Options, select an option for writing the list:
When scheduling your workflow to run from Alteryx Server, the URL must be accessible outside of your Windows account. For example, WebDAV paths are not supported. See Schedule Workflows.
- Append Existing: Appends all the data to an existing table.
- Delete List and Append: Deletes all the original records from the table and then appends the data into the existing table.
- Update; Warn on Update Failure: Updates only existing records with the IDs you specify. If a record cannot be updated, a warning is reported.
- Update; Error on Update Failure: Updates only existing records with the IDs you specify. If a record cannot be updated, an error is reported and processing will stop.