Analytics Hub Quick Start for Admins
This quick-start guide for platform and system admins covers the easiest path to installing and configuring Alteryx Analytics Hub (AAH). For comprehensive help on the these topics visit the Install and Configure and Admins help articles. This process takes about an hour to complete.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following
- An environment that meets AAH system requirements
- No Previous Versions of Alteryx Products Installed
- Processor: 64-bit
- CPU: 4-core
- System Memory: 16 GB
- Recommended Minimum Disk Size: 1 TB
- Minimum Disk Free Space to Install: 50 GB
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or Newer
- Chrome or Firefox
- Internet Access to whitelist.alteryx.com for License Activation
- Open Port 443 (HTTPS)–Analytics Hub Website
- Open Port 5000–Worker Processes
- Open Port 8080 (HTTPS)–Internal Gateway, Internal API for service communication
- AAH License Keys
- Certificates (if using CA-issued or internally signed)
- SMTP Info (Optional)
- LDAP Info (Optional)
- Single Sign-On Info (Optional)
- Access to a Separate Machine with Alteryx Designer 2020.2+
- Desired Username and Password for PostgreSQL Admin and Platform Admin Accounts
On the AAH Machine...
- Configure Server Settings
- Open required ports, and turn on sharing and discoverability (if necessary).
- Download AAH
- Go to the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal at licenses.alteryx.com.
- Run the Analytics Hub installer as an admin.
- Sign in to AAH
- Go to https://localhost/admin
- Add Your User-Based Licenses to AAH
- Go to Platform Admin > Licenses > + Activate Licenses.
- Set Up Base Address
- Go to Platform Admin > Settings > General
- Set Up SMTP (optional)
- Go to Platform Admin > Settings > General.
- Set Up LDAP (optional)
- Go to Platform Admin > User Management > Directories > + Add Directory.
- Set up Single Sign-On (optional)
- Go to Platform Admin > User Management > Directories > Single Sign-On > + Add Single Sign-On.
- Create Sites
- Go to Platform Admin > Sites > + Add Site.
- Add a site admin. Select + Add Site Admin.
On the Designer Machine...
- Make sure the Designer version is at least 2020.2.
- Copy Over and Install Certificates
- Create an SSL certificate on the AAH machine or use a CA-issued certificate.
- Copy the certificate to the Designer machine. Right-click and select Install Certificate.
- Restart your browser and Designer.
- (Optional) If you belong to a site, you can connect Designer to that AAH site.
- Go to File > Save As > Analytics Hub > Add New Connection.