Change Postgres Admin Password
Last modified: January 14, 2021
To change your Postgres admin password, and connect to Analytics Hub using the new credential:
- Stop Analytics Hub. To do so, open Windows PowerShell as an admin and run the ayxhub script with stop command.
- Open the pgAdmin 4 app. If this is the first time you're opening pgAdmin 4, you're prompted to create a master password which is used to protect passwords to your server connections.
- Select your PostgreSQL server under Servers and enter the admin password.
- Select Object > Change Password. Enter the current and new passwords.
- Select OK.
- Open Windows PowerShell as an admin.
- Run the ayxhub script to update the password that Analytics Hub is using.
.\ayxhub.ps1 -db <Postgres_Admin_Username> <New_Password>
- Start Analytics Hub.