Manage Your Files
Alteryx Analytics Hubs makes it easy to organize, share, and work with your files. The Files page is divided into 5 sections:
- Workspaces—Workspaces are folders created and managed by site admins. You see workspaces that are shared with you here. You can add new folders, upload files, and share the folder depending on the permissions you have for the workspace.
- Private—This is your private folder. Upload and share files and folders from your private folder. You can’t share the folder itself.
- Recents—The recents list displays all the files (not folders) you’ve interacted with recently.
- Shared by Me—A list of all the files you’ve shared.
- Shared with Me— A list of all files shared with you. Default Shared with Me folders are:
- Workflow Logs
Add a File or Folder
Go to Files > Private > Show All > + Add and upload a folder or individual files. If you upload a folder, the folder’s file structure appears the same in Alteryx Analytics Hub, so it’s easy to stay organized. AAH also supports dragging a file into your private workspace.
To go directly to your uploaded file, hover over the file upload confirmation and select Open.
To upload a workflow that has data connections, upload it through the Designer integration described in the Workflows with Data Connections section.
Analytics Hub provides a version history of files. File versioning helps track an asset’s history and provides a valuable mechanism for restoring previous versions of files. To see the version of an output, go to the Results table and select output. To see versions of a workflow, go to the file’s detail page, select ... > Versions.
Restore a Version
File versions can easily be restored. To restore a file version, go to the file’s detail page, and select the > Versions. The Versions window displays version details. Hover over a file and select the vertical ellipsis to see restore options. Alternatively, if you are viewing the file details page of an older version, you can Restore as a new file or Restore from the version notification at the top of the details page.