Run, share, schedule, edit analytic apps, and download outputs without ever leaving Alteryx Analytics Hub (AAH). Get started by uploading a file directly to Alteryx Analytics Hub. Go to Files > Private > Show All > + Add and upload a folder or individual files. If you upload a folder, the folder’s file structure appears the same in Alteryx Analytics Hub, so it’s easy to stay organized. AAH also supports dragging a file into your private workspace.
To go directly to your uploaded file, hover over the file upload confirmation and select Open.
To upload a workflow that has data connections, upload it through the Designer integration described in the Workflows with Data Connections section.
Save a Workflow to Analytics Hub from Designer
Ensure your machine is set up to connect to Designer. To learn how to connect your machine, see the Connect Designer to Alteryx Analytics Hub article.
To save a workflow to Analytics Hub, follow these steps:
- Open a workflow in Designer.
- Go to Save As > Analytics Hub.
- Select your Analytics Hub site or select Add New Connection. To add a new connection, see above.
- In the Save Workflow window, provide a Workflow Name and an optional Description. Note that the Location is set to My Files and cannot be updated at this time.
- Select the Workflow Options dropdown to configure these settings:
- Save workflow then validate: Selected by default, validates your workflow after it is saved to Analytics Hub. If validation fails, error messaging displays to alert you to the causes, for example incorrectly configured tools or missing dependencies.
- Manage workflow assets: Select if your workflow has assets. Make sure you include all the assets, or the workflow won’t run in Analytics Hub.
- Select Group assets by tool to display all of the workflow's assets or file dependencies grouped together with the tool they are connected to.
- Deselect an asset to omit it from the workflow package.
- Select Save. The Save Workflow window displays Workflow saved, Data Connections*, and Workflow validated status. The workflow is saved to Analytics Hub for you to run, schedule, and share.
*If Analytics Hub detects that your workflow uses an embedded data source connection to one of the supported databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, Snowflake, and Redshift), the Save Workflow window displays a success or error message for Data Connections. If no database connection exists, the Data Connections section does not display.
- Select View in Browser to view the workflow in Analytics Hub or select Close to close the Save Workflow window in Designer. The View in Browser function works best when Google Chrome is set as your default browser.
Open Analytics Hub Workflow in Designer
If you recently opened an Analytics Hub workflow, you can open it again via File > Open Recent. The list contains the 10 most recently opened workflows. If your workflow is not in the list, follow these steps:
- In Designer, select File > Open Workflow.
- Select your Analytics Hub connection.
- If you previously connected to Analytics Hub, your connection is listed by site name.
- To add a new Analytics Hub connection, select Add New Analytics Hub Connection. See Connect to Analytics Hub above.
- In the Open Workflow window, select the workflow, macro, or app that you want to open. Use the search bar to locate a specific item or use the All, Workflows, Macros, and Apps tabs to view specific item types.
- Select the Open button to open the item in Designer.
Remove Connection to Analytics Hub
To remove an existing connection to Analytics Hub, follow these steps:
- In Designer, go to Save As > Analytics Hub.
- Select the connection that you want to remove.
- In the Save Workflow window, select the gear icon at the top and select Remove Connection.
Save a Workflow to Alteryx Analytics Hub from Alteryx Designer
You can seamlessly work between Alteryx Analytics Hub and Designer. If you’re connecting to AAH for the first time and need help see the Connect Designer to Alteryx Analytics Hub article.
To save a workflow to Alteryx Analytics Hub, follow these steps:
- Open a workflow in Designer.
- Go to Save As > Private Gallery > Add an Alteryx Connection.
- Enter your Alteryx Analytics Hub Site URL and select Next.
- Enter your Alteryx Analytics Hub Email and Password and select Add.
- If your workflow has dependencies, select Manage workflow dependencies. Make sure you include all the dependencies, or the workflow won’t run in Alteryx Analytics Hub.
- Select Save. The workflow is saved to My Files in Alteryx Analytics Hub for you to run, schedule, and share.
Known Issue: If you attempt to create a Designer connection to Alteryx Analytics Hub with an incorrect URL, or your URL is correct, but the site is down, selecting the next button doesn't generate user feedback that there's an issue. The expected result is that there would be an error message showing that the site URL is invalid.
Workflows with Data Connections
If you want to upload a workflow that has data connections, then it needs to be uploaded through the Designer Integration. We do now support dragging and dropping a workflow with non data connection dependencies which could to files for example packaged in a .yxzp. You can manage dependencies directly in Analytics Hub.
To run or schedule a workflow with data connections, follow these steps:
- Open Alteryx Designer
- Drag an Input Tool onto your canvas.
- Select Connect a File or Database
- Select Data Sources. Supported Data Sources are
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Amazon Redshift
- Complete the steps to set up the data source of your choice.
- Save your workflow to Alteryx Analytics Hub. The data source is also automatically saved to Alteryx Analytics Hub.
- Open Alteryx Analytics Hub.
- Go to Data Sources in the main menu.
- Find the data source you created in Designer.
- Select Add connection.
- Enter a Connection name.
- Select Credential > Create new credential.
- Enter a Username and Password. Select Save.
- Go to Files > Private Folders to find and run your workflow.