Load Metadata from QlikView
Use the QlikView Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect from a specified QlikView report.
QlikView Version Compatibility
To load report objects with the QlikView metadata loader, create your report using the most recent version of QlickView. If your report is from a version of QlikView that does not support metadata around nested objects, you need to save it again using the latest version. See QlikView Object inheritance hierarchy and QlikView Object ownership hierarchy for more information.
Review Loader Requirements
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
Open the Loader
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Select Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > QlikView Loader > QlikView Loader.
Run the App
Select Run as Analytic App .
In the QlikView tab:
- Enter the QlikView repository path, also known as the path to the QlikView root folder.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.
Before running the app, select and save the app configuration to the following directory:
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Select Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
View the Metadata
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, select Reports.
- Select a folder to view its contents.