Adobe Analytics Tool
The Adobe Analytics tool authenticates to the Adobe Analytics report suites (to which you have access) and generates ad hoc reports based on multiple parameters via the Adobe Analytics Reporting API, version 1.4.
This tool is not automatically installed with Alteryx Designer. To use this tool, download it from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery.
Configure Adobe.io for Login
Before configuring the Adobe Analytics tool, you must have the Adobe.io settings properly configured for users to access report data via the API. More information can be found here.
Use this method for ad hoc workflows. Log in using Adobe Analytics credentials. Credentials must be re-entered every 24 hours or any time a new instance of the tool is added. User authentication requires project access granted by your Adobe administrator.
User authentication requires creating an OAuth integration within Console.Adobe.io:
- After creating a new project with the Adobe Analytics API, choose OAuth for authentication type
- Once the application is created, Adobe will provide a ClientID and Client Secret that will be used for User Login within the Adobe Analytics Tool.
JWT (Service Account) Login
Use this method for scheduled workflows or when adding workflows to the Alteryx Gallery. Log in using JWT Service Credentials. Credentials do not need to be re-entered to run the workflow.
JWT authentication requires creating a JWT integration within Console.Adobe.io:
- After creating a new project with the Adobe Analytics API, choose Service Account (JWT) for the authentication type
- Once you create the application, Adobe will provide an Application ID (Client ID), Application Secret (Client Secret), Organization ID, and Technical Account ID.
It's also necessary to provide a Public and Private Key pair or have Adobe generate a pair for you. This will be used for authentication with the Adobe Analytics Tool.
For more information, see Credentials.
- In the Configuration window, select a login method.
- User Login: Enter your Client ID and Client Secret from the Adobe integration and select Connect. You will then be prompted to enter your Adobe.io credentials in the browser.
- JWT (Service Account) Login: Enter your Application ID (Client ID), Application Secret (Client Secret), Organization ID, Technical Account ID, and Private Key. Select Connect.
Validate that the Private key contains the “-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----” and “-----END PRIVATE KEY-----” tags.
- Choose a Report Suite and select Next.
- Choose a date range and granularity and select Next.
- Select either a preset range (for example, Today, Last Month, Year to Date) or Custom to set a start and end date.
- Granularity is a unit of time that determines the report detail, and is optional.
- Choose at least one metric and a maximum of five metrics and select Validate Report. You can use only valid combinations of metrics. Select Next.
- (Optional) Choose a maximum of three elements and select Validate Report. You can use only valid combinations of elements and classifications. Select Next.
- The Primary Element breaks down the selected metric. Subsequent elements break down the preceding elements – the Secondary Element breaks down the Primary Element, and the Tertiary Element breaks down both the Primary Element and Secondary Element.
- Not all report suites offer all elements.
- See Valid Element and Metric Combinations.
- Advanced Options
- Classification: Restricts the element results to only those that fall within the selected classification.
- Record Limit: Sets the number of rows in the report to return, 1 to 50000.
- Starting with Record: Sets the first row in the report to return.
- (Optional) Choose a maximum of five segments and select Validate Report. You can use only valid combinations of segments. Select Done.
- Review your selections on the Configuration Summary screen.
View the output
- R anchor: The result of your query parsed and formatted as a table.
- A anchor: The API response, raw report JSON, report description, and report ID for your query.
Supported Report Types
- Overtime - No elements with or without a date granularity selected.
- Ranked - One or more elements with no date granularity selected.
- Trended - One or more elements with a date granularity selected.