ODBC (32- and 64-bit)
Write-only Bulk load support is available for standard workflows.
|Type of Support||
Read & Write
Alteryx tools used to connect
Standard workflow processing
Configure an Amazon Athena Bulk Connection
To use the bulk connection via the Output Data tool:
- Click the Write to File or Database drop-down and select Other Databases > Amazon Athena Bulk.
- Select a Data Source Name (or click ODBC Admin to create one). See ODBC and OLEDB Database Connections.
- (Optional) Type a User Name and Password.
- In the Amazon S3 section, type or paste your AWS Access Key and AWS Secret Key to access the data for upload.
- In the Secret Key Encryption drop-down, select an encryption option:
- Hide: Hide the password using minimal encryption.
- Encrypt for Machine: Any user on the computer will be able to fully use the connection.
- Encrypt for User: The logged in user can use the connection on any computer.
- In the Endpoint drop-down, select Default to allow Amazon to determine the endpoint automatically based on the bucket you select. To specify an endpoint for private S3 deployments, or if you know a specific bucket region, you can alternately select an endpoint (S3 region), enter a custom endpoint, or select from one of ten previously-entered custom endpoints.
If the Bucket you select is not in the region of the endpoint you specify, the following error occurs: “The bucket you are attempting to access must be addressed using the specified endpoint. Please send all future requests to this endpoint.” Select Default to clear the error.
- (Optional) Select Use Signature V4 for Authentication to use Signature Version 4 instead of the default Signature Version 2. This will increase security, but connection speeds may be slower. This option is automatically enabled for regions requiring Signature Version 4.
Regions created after January 30, 2014 support only Signature Version 4. The following regions require Signature Version 4 authentication:
- US East (Ohio) Region
- Canada (Central) Region
- Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region
- Asia Pacific (Seoul) Region
- EU (Frankfurt) Region
- EU (London) Region
- China (Beijing) Region
- Select a Server-Side Encryption method for uploading to an encrypted Amazon S3 bucket. For more information on Amazon S3 encryption methods, see the Amazon Simple Storage Service Developer Guide.
- None (Default): No encryption method is used.
- SSE-KMS: Use server-side encryption with AWS KMS-managed keys. Optionally provide a KMS Key ID. When you select this method, Use Signature V4 for Authentication is enabled by default.
- In Bucket Name, type the name of the AWS bucket in which your data objects are stored.
Configure Output Options
Size of Bulk Load Chunks (1 MB to 102400 MB): To increase upload performance, large files are split into smaller files with a specified integer size, in megabytes. The default value is 128.