Download and Use Predictive Tools
The predictive tools include all tools in the predictive category. The default installation of Alteryx Designer does not include all predictive tools. To install the entire set of predictive tools, you must download and install the predictive tools separately from Alteryx Designer. For an overview of the predictive tools, see this video.
You must download and install Alteryx Designer before you can download the predictive tools.
Admin versus non-admin installation: Options for installation include admin and non-admin. Generally the admin installation applies to all users on a machine, whereas the non-admin installation does not. If you are using the admin version of Alteryx Designer, you will need the admin installation of the predictive tools. If you are using the non-admin version of Alteryx Designer, you will need the non-admin installation of the predictive tools. See Product activation and licensing help.
Download the predictive tools from the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal.
- Sign in to the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal, located here.
- In the Product Downloads area, click Alteryx Designer.
- In the Download Products window, click Alteryx Designer.
- In Downloads, select either Alteryx Predictive Tools (Admin version) or Non-Admin Alteryx Predictive Tools.
- Click the link for the product to download the file.
Alteryx downloads the file to the default download folder for your machine.
Double-click the installation file to open it. The InstallAware wizard runs followed by an Alteryx installer. Accept the default configuration or select an activation option.
To use predictive tools:
- Launch Alteryx Designer.
- Click Predictive on the Tool Palette.
- Click and drag a tool from the Predictive Tool Palette on to the workflow canvas to begin building a workflow.
New to predictive tools?
An good way to get started is to use these resources: