The Email tool allows you to use a data stream to send emails for each record entered, add attachments, and view email-generated reports. The Email tool will run as the last tool in your workflow. Choose from the available options to authenticate and encrypt your emails, with a combination of other reporting tools to add text, images, maps, and tables. See Reporting Tools for more information.
Alteryx Public Gallery Compatibility
To use SMTP Authentication, you must manually configure it.
The Enabled checkbox is selected by default. If not selected, the tool will be disabled, and emails will not be sent. The Email tool will retain all other configuration properties.
To configure the tool:
- Enter your SMTP server.
- Enter a valid value for Port. The SMTP setting uses Port 25 by default.
The following default settings will be provided, depending on the encryption setting:
- Port 25, when the Encryption drop-down list has None selected.
- Port 465, when the Encryption drop-down list has SSL/TLS selected.
- Port 587, when the Encryption drop-down list has STARTTLS selected.
- Select your encryption setting by clicking on the Encryption drop-down list.
- Enable authentication by selecting Use SMTP Authentication and then signing in with a valid Username and Password.
For ports other than 25, 465, or 587
If the SMTP server uses a port other than 25, 465, or 587, update the Port field settings for the SMTP server.
If using a specific SMTP server that is different from the recipient domain, errors come back in an email to the sender from the System Administrator, outlining the problem.
- Enter relevant information before running your workflow and sending your email(s);
- From: Sender of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- To: Recipient of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- Cc: Carbon copy recipients of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- Bcc: Blind carbon copy recipients of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- Subject: Subject line of the email.
- Attachments: Add any additional files to be attached to the email. Email attachments have a 10 MB limit.
- Add: Click Add to specify each attachment to send with the email. You can either browse to the file location or use a field from your input stream that contains the file location of the attachment.
- Edit: Click Edit to change a previously specified attachment. The same options for Add are available on Edit.
- Delete: Click Delete to remove the attachment. If there are multiple attachments specified, highlight to select the attachment for deletion and click Delete.
- Body: The body of content for the email.