Error Message Tool
Use Error Message to display an error message for an app or macro based on criteria in an expression. If an error message displays, downstream processing stops.
Configure the Tool
Use any of these methods to build an expression:
- Enter text directly in the Expression field.
- Select the Variables tab to browse through variables that can be used in the expression. Double-click the variable to add it to the expression editor.
- Connections from Questions: Values from an Interface tool connected to the Question anchor of a tool with an expression editor, when the tool is used in an app or macro. Use the Question anchor when you want question values to be used as variables in the expression. See Interface Tools.
- Constants: Global variables for a workflow that make it possible to change a value in a single location and have that change apply to the rest of the workflow. See Constants.
- Select the Functions tab to browse through categories of functions. Double-click the function to add it to the expression editor. See Functions.
- Select the Saved Expressions tab to browse through recent and saved expressions. Double-click the expression to add it to the expression editor. To save an expression...
- Enter the expression in the editor.
- Select the Saved Expressions tab.
- Select the Save button.
- Enter a name for the expression and select OK.
If Expression is true, display error message: Enter the error message to display to the user.