Explorer Box Tool
Use the Explorer Box tool to display a web page, file directory, or file in an adjustable box on the canvas. Use the Explorer Box tool to display or link to a resource that explains or supports a workflow.
Configure the Tool
- In the Configuration window, in URL, enter a URL, directory path, or a file path.
- URL: http://community.alteryx.com
- Directory path: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\en\SampleData\
- File path: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\en\SampleData\SampleData.xml
- These file types can be displayed: .pdf, .html, .xml, and .txt.
- (Optional) Select Hide Address Bar to hide the address bar in the box on the canvas.
Use the Resource
Options for using the resource in the box vary based on the resource type.
- URL: Select a link on the web page to view linked content in the box or in a web browser.
- Directory path: Double-click a file in the directory to open it in the default program for that file type, or drag data, workflow (.yxmd), analytic app (.yzwz), or macro (.yxmc) files to the canvas.
- File path: View a .pdf, .html, .xml, or .txt file.
Adjust the Box
- To adjust the size of the box, select the box to view its border, then drag the squares on any side to the desired position.
- To reposition the box on the canvas, select the box to view its border, then select any border and drag the box to the desired location.