Explorer Box Tool
The Explorer Box tool displays a web page, file directory, or file in an adjustable box on the canvas. Use the Explorer Box tool to display or link to a resource that explains or supports a workflow.
- In the Configuration window, in URL, type a URL, directory path, or a file path.
- URL: http://community.alteryx.com
- Directory path: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\en\SampleData\
- File path: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\en\SampleData\SampleData.xml
- The following file types can be displayed: .pdf, .html, .xml, and .txt.
- (Optional) Select Hide Address Bar to hide the address bar in the box on the canvas.
Use the resource
Options for using the resource in the box vary based on the resource type.
- URL: Click a link on the web page to view linked content in the box or in a web browser.
- Directory path: Double-click a file in the directory to open it in the default program for that file type, or click and drag data, workflow (.yxmd), analytic app (.yzwz), or macro (.yxmc) files to the canvas.
- File path: View a .pdf, .html, .xml, or .txt file.
Adjust the box
To adjust the size of the box, click the box to view its border, then click and drag the squares on any side to the desired position.
To reposition the box on the canvas, click the box to view its border, then click any border and drag the box to the desired location.