List Box Tool
Use List Box to add a list box where users can make multiple selections in an application or macro.
Configure the Tool
Use these options to configure the List Box tool:
- Enter the text or question to be displayed: Instruction text displayed to the end-user.
- All Checked by Default: Check the check box to show all items in the list as selected to the end-user.
- Select Tool Mode: Select this option to populate the list with the data types found in the connected tool.
- Generate Custom List: Select this option to generate a list of the selected values. Specify the format by defining an indicator for Start Text, Separator, and End Text.
- List Values: Select from one of these list-value types to populate the list:
|Field Types||Populates the list with the Designer-supported field types.|
Populates the list with values from a specified file or database connection.
The end-user selects a name from the list to generate the corresponding value. The file can be a relative path to the saved workflow, but the end-user must have the external source file saved to the same path.
|Fields from Connected Tool||
Populates the list with the fields found in a connected tool. A tool must be connected to the optional input anchor.
|Manually set values||
Populates the list with manually-entered values.
Enter one data pair per line in the format Name:Value. If no Value is specified, Name is returned as the Value.
Select a dataset to populate the list.
If the user does not have access to the dataset, the workflow displays an error when the application or macro runs.
|File Browse in this Analytic App/Macro||
Populates the list with the fields found in the connected File Browse Tool. A File Browse interface tool must be connected to the optional input anchor.
|Fields from Macro Input||
Populates the list with the fields found in the connected Macro Input tool. A Macro Input tool must be connected to the optional input anchor.