Macro Input In-DB Tool
Use the Macro Input In-DB tool to create an In-DB input connection on a macro and populates it with placeholder values.
An input anchor appears on the macro tool for each Macro Input In-DB tool used in the macro workflow in the order they are brought onto the canvas (left to right, or up to down). The input anchors can be re-ordered in the Interface Designer Window from the Tree view.
In-Database enables blending and analysis against large sets of data without moving the data out of a database and can provide significant performance improvements over traditional analysis methods. For more about the In-Database tool category, see In-Database Overview.
Configure the Tool
- Specify the Template Input (For Test as a Standard Workflow). The Template Input allows the macro workflow to be a functioning workflow and determines the field requirements for users of the macro tool.
- Connection Name: Specify the database to connect to. Select the type of connection to create.
Manage Connections: Select to make edits to a connection that has already been set up or to create a new connection. See Manage In-DB Connections.
- Open File Connections: Select to browse to a file.
- Table or Query: Displays the name of the selected table in the database once the connection has been configured. Select Query Builder to easily select tables and construct queries in the Choose Table or Specify Query Window.
Create In-DB System Connections
You must have administrator privileges to create In-DB system connections.
- Input Name: The Input Name will be visible to the user when they configure the macro tool.
- Anchor Abbreviation: This optional parameter will display an abbreviation on the input anchor of the macro tool.
- Show Field Map: When this option is checked, and the macro tool is added to a workflow, the user is asked to select the fields that match up with the selected template Input.