Network Analysis Tool
The Network Analysis tool generates an interactive dashboard of a network, to explore relationships between the various nodes. The tool provides a visual representation of the network along with key summary statistics that characterize the network.
This tool uses the R tool. Go to Options > Download Predictive Tools and sign in to the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal to install R and the packages used by the R Tool. See Download and Use Predictive Tools.
- N anchor: A Nodes data stream that contains a field named _name_ that uniquely identifies each node in the network.
- E anchor: An Edges data stream that contains fields named “from” and “to” identifying nodes that are connected by an edge. Note that the “from” and “to” fields must use the same unique node identifiers as described in (1) above.
- Shape: Select the shape of nodes.
- Size: Select how to size the nodes.
- Fixed: Enter a fixed size for all nodes.
- By Variable: Select a field to scale the nodes by.
- By Statistic: Select a statistical measure to scale the nodes by. For a description of different centrality measures, go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrality.
- Group Nodes:
- Variable: Select a field to group the nodes by.
- Statistic: Select a statistical to group the nodes by.
- Directed: Select the check box to indicate if the network is a directed network.
- Opacity: Enter the opacity of the edges when moused over.
- D anchor: An Alteryx data stream with network centrality measures for each node.
- I anchor: An interactive dashboard of the network that consists of:
- An interactive force diagram to visualize the network.
- Aggregate statistical measures that characterize the entire network.
- A histogram of node centrality measures.