Profile Output Tool
Use Profile Output to take an incoming data stream containing a Profile or collection of Profiles and write out a Profile Set *.scd file.
A Profile is an object (whether it be a geography, a customer database, or a product within a syndicated product file) that has been assigned cluster codes based on the segmentation system. These cluster codes indicate the penetration of each cluster within your object.
Configure the Tool
Set the default dataset from User Settings. Go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings and open the Dataset Defaults tab.
- Choose a Dataset: Select the Dataset to use. Each dataset has its own Profiles and Profile Sets that are specific to the selected clustering system. These datasets require a current subscription and license. Please contact your Alteryx account representative for more information regarding compatible datasets. For best results, keep your datasets consistent with each Behavior tool. Choosing "Most Recent Vintage" rather than a specific dataset ensures the most current dataset is used and won't require updating your workflow. You can easily specify the dataset in multiple tools at once with the Workflow Dependencies to ensure consistency throughout your workflow.
- Output file: Specify the file name and location of the Profile Set you are writing.
- Output Options: Select the output method of writing the Profile Set. Choices include...
- Create New Profile: Creates a new Profile Set. The specified file name must be new and may not already exist.
- Append to Existing Profile: Adds Profiles in the data stream to a previously created Profile Set. The file must exist, but the new Profile in the data stream cannot.
- Overwrite Profile (Drop): Removes an existing Profile Set with the same name and writes a new one with the incoming data.
- Update Profile: Updates an existing Profile Set. The file must exist and so must the incoming data profile. The values will simply be updated in the file.
- Profile Name: Select the Profile Name field from your incoming data stream.
- Profile: Select the Profile field from your incoming data stream.
- Spatial Object (Optional): Select the Spatial Object field from your incoming data stream.
- License Required: Any Profile Set created with this box checked will require a license to read and use. This setting is for data vendors who are building Profile Sets that will be resold and need a license file to activate. Please do not check this box unless you are a current Alteryx partner.