Sample In-DB Tool
The Sample In-DB tool limits the In-DB stream to a number or percentage of records. There is an option to base the sampled records on a designated field sort order. Use the Sample In-DB tool to limit the amount of data records to optimize runtime and throughput.
- Use the drop down list to specify the type of sample. Choices are:
- Number: Returns the number of records specified.
- Percent: Returns the percent of records specified. Selecting this option requires the data to pass thru the tool twice: once to calculate the count of records and then to return the specified percent of records.
- Set the number or percentage of records to include in the sample.
- Sample records based on order: When checked, the records will be sorted in-database before the number or percent of records is chosen to produce the results. To configure the order, the data should be sorted using the Fields table.
- Name: Select the field to sort on.
- Order: Choose either Ascending or Descending.
- Manipulate the sorting order by using the up, down, and delete buttons on the right.