Search, located in the top right corner of Designer, searches Designer tools, Gallery items, Connect assets, Help content, and Community posts. Use the Ctrl+Shift+F keyboard shortcut to move your cursor to Search.
Search returns the top 5 results from these categories:
- Drag and drop tools and macros from results onto the canvas.
- Select Example to open the tool's One-Tool Example, if available.
- Select the Show More link to display all results on the Tool Palette.
- Select Go to Alteryx Gallery (or Go to My Company's Gallery, if available) to view Alteryx Analytics Gallery results in a web browser. Results can include tools and workflows that you can download.
- Drag and drop Connect assets from results onto the canvas.
- Select the canvas to open the Data Source Credentials window.
- Enter the User Name and Password, and then select OK.
If you haven't entered your Connect credentials into Designer, results are not available. Visit Use Connect Assets for additional information.
- Select a result to view the Help page in a browser.
- Select View more Help results to open Designer Help in a browser.
- Select a result to view the Community post in a browser.
- Select View more Community results to open Alteryx Community in a browser.
- Select Ask the Community a question to post a message in the Alteryx Community.
If you aren't connected to the internet, Gallery and Community results aren't available.